In 1897, James Aloysius Kent formed this firm of general household potters, Old Foley, Longton, with five craftsmen from Barker & Kent (including Arnold Bennett's brother Septimus Bennett, modeller). James' four sons joined him in the business. In 1913, James Kent established a Limited corporation. When James Kent died in 1953, his second son, Philip Francis Kent, took over as Chairman. The company remained a family business until 1981, when Bayer (UK) Ltd purchased it. Morris Rushton, a potter and engineer, took over the business in 1985/6. Morris Rushton's partnership was short-lived, and the company was acquired by County Potteries PLC in 1987. Carlton & Kent Potteries was renamed County Potteries in 1989. (from the names of Carlton Ware and James Kent which the company owned). Carlton & Kent went into receivership the following year, and the James Kent division was purchased by M. R. Hadida Ltd., the owners of Hadida Fine Bone China Ltd. c.1995 Wedgwood sold the premises of Foley China Works to James Kent, who were working at the nearby Old Foley Pottery. The company operated from the Foley China Works after the Old Foley Pottery was dismantled in C.2006. The company collapsed in C.2008, and the Foley China Works was dismantled in 2010. Vintage Decorative Plate comes in Very Good Condition & Original Makers Mark.
Dimensions: 230D x 27H mm
Please contact Anthony on 0412495436
Or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Nicholson St, Coburg VIC 3058
Trading Hours: 10AM-6PM (Mon-Sun)