In 1880, Elijah Cotton established his company at the Lichfield Street Works in Eastwood, Hanley. He outgrown these facilities and opened the Nelson Pottery on the crossroads of Nelson and Commercial Roads in 1885. Built on the site of a historic pottery erected in 1758, this was a big factory across the Caldon Canal. The company expanded and purchased an existing building on the corner of Broad Street and Victoria Road in Shelton. In 1895, Elijah Cotton passed away. He was later described as "a guy of considerable uniqueness" who "became one of the major manufacturers in the Potteries via his own efforts and the driving force of his strong personality." The firm remained in the family and was maintained by Elijah's eldest son Edward, and by 1956, one of Elijah's sons, Arthur, was still actively running it with the help of his own son Nigel. Vintage Pitcher comes with Original Makers Decal and in Great Original Condition.

Dimensions: 165 x 120 x 120H mm

Please contact Anthony on 0412495436

Or Email at

10 Nicholson St, Coburg VIC 3058

Trading Hours: 10AM-6PM (Mon-Sun)

Original Hand-Painted “Windsor Castle” Pitcher by BCM Nelson Ware (England)