The Gordon Pottery, Tunstall, was created in 1915 by Albert G. Richardson. The business was successful, and the works were expanded. 'Crown Ducal' was the company's trade name. Although he did not retire until 1937, W.B. worked mostly as the Gordon Pottery's decoration shop manager. The launch of aerographed, plain-colored tea ceramics in 1921 was a watershed moment in their development, and they went on to build a high-end trade in dinner and other table wares of the same type. They created the 'Arcadian Glazes' in 1929, which were presented in Green Bros. and Edis' London stores. The company continued to expand, and in 1933 the Britannia Pott was founded. The company continued to expand, and in 1933 it purchased the Britannia Pottery in Cobridge, which was rebuilt and extended before being opened for manufacturing in 1934. It was regarded as a model factory at the time. As part of World War II's manufacturing consolidation, the Gordon Pottery was closed around 1942. Mr.G.J. was identified as the Managing Director in 1947 and 1960. The company was sold to Enoch Wedgwood Ltd in 1974 and thereafter shut down. Plate comes in Good Original Condition.Dimensions: 225D x 23H mmPlease contact Anthony on 0412495436Or Email at wakimantiques@hotmail.com10 Nicholson St, Coburg VIC 3058Trading Hours: 10AM-6PM (Mon-Sun)

Gorgeous Antique Hand-Painted Crown Ducal Ware Plate from C.1940s (England)

$45.00Price